On the 15th February, the Malta Council for Science and Technology organised an evening with stakeholders in order to launch the Sustainable Blue Economy Partnership. During the event, which was also attended by the Parliament Secretary for Youth, Research and Innovation, MCST provided a detailed overview of the Partnership including the pillars and its key enablers. MCST also explained the five Priority Areas which are the basis for the first call including:
- Development and validation of Ocean Digital Twins at sub sea-basin scale
- Blue generation marine structures
- Planning and managing sea-uses
- Healthy ‘Blue Food’ under a ’One Health’ approach
- Enabling the green transition of ‘Blue Food’ production
This partnership provides an opportunity to continue addressing the objectives of the Westmed and creating synergies with other sea-basins.
The WestMED National Hub for Malta took the opportunity to provide an overview of the WestMED during the event to the stakeholders including the assistance provided by the Assistance Mechanism in the identification of partners for projects.
For more information, contact Stephanie Vella at National Hub Malta