Deadline: 21 January 2025
Countries: Algeria,France, Italy, Malta, Mauritania, Morocco, Portugal, Spain, Tunisia
More information: funding and tender opportunities portal by the European Commission
The overall aim is to accelerate the cost-effective construction and deployment of floating wind farms, facilitating their rapid and sustainable deployment across Europe and lower their overall costs.
The transition of the energy system will rely on reducing the overall energy demand and making the energy supply side climate neutral, in current and future climate conditions. R&I actions will help to make the energy supply side cleaner, more secure, and competitive by boosting cost performance and reliability of a broad portfolio of renewable energy solutions, in line with societal needs and preferences. Furthermore, R&I activities will underpin the modernisation of the energy networks to support energy system integration, including the progressive electrification of demand side sectors (buildings, mobility, industry) and integration of other climate neutral, renewable energy carriers, such as clean hydrogen.
Project results are expected to contribute to all of the following expected outcomes:
- Increased knowledge about design, construction, assembly and operation and maintenance of floating wind farms.
- Improved overall constructability, reliability, installability, operability and maintainability of floating offshore wind systems.
- Demonstrated efficient, low-cost and sustainable emerging technologies for floating wind turbines; reduction of the LCoE.
- Reinforced European offshore wind turbine value chain and skills.
- Data for future optimisation of industry scale commissioning of the floater, mooring and anchor system.